dinner

A few days ago, I actually went to the grocery store for the first time in forever and looked pretty damn pathetic since I had to stop to readjust all the bags on my trek uphill back to the apartment. But they were heavy! Anyway, this is one of the meals I made with the food I bought -

Southwestern Potato Salad & Calabacitas Burritos (both recipes from Moosewood Celebrates)


The potato salad called for regular potatoes but I like red ones a lot better...the dressing had olive oil, cider vinegar, cumin, coriander, paprika, cilantro, lemon juice and Dijon mustard in it. Overall, it just tasted very vinegar-y. I'd probably add more spices next time and maybe replace the paprika with red pepper (paprika has practically no flavor to me).


Mmmm...this was just onions, garlic, zucchini, frozen corn, and black beans sauteed with cilantro, lime juice, and jalapenos. It was soo good just in the tortillas but Matt and I decided it would be even better on top of grilled tuna.

Anyway, I felt pretty good about actually cooking dinner for once (and a healthy dinner, at that!) The night before last I made spinach & ricotta stuffed manicotti and they were really good, too. Everyone should buy that Moosewood cookbook, I've never had a single bad thing out of it and I've probably made at least 30 of the recipes!

0 comments: