60s Travel Posters

I don't think I'll ever be totally over the long-lasting obsession with the 60s I had starting in 6th grade when the Beatles were my favorite band and my dream was to live in mod London...so I guess it's not surprising that I love these posters





(all from here)

I really love how they're hand-colored/painted/drawn. I'm not the biggest fan of computer illustrations. I hate how flat and perfect they usually look. I got some gouache over the weekend and I've been messing around with it! I like it a lot...I'm terrible at watercolors and this is like a happy medium between watercolors and oils, since it's water-soluble but opaque and blends nicely. In my rush to get out of the art store before spending all my money, I forgot to buy white, oops, so I can't really do much right now.

0 comments: