Driving...

As I expected, my idea of simply popping over to some thrift stores on Long Island didn't exactly go as easily as planned. For whatever reason, I don't bother printing out directions from Google, I just use VZ Navigator - a program which doesn't always give the fastest or least complicated directions. Let's just say it took about 45 minutes until I got on the Belt Parkway (about 3 miles from my apartment). But! I did get to see pretty parts of Brooklyn I had only seen on street view before...actual houses with yards and driveways! Old tree-lined streets! It was like we weren't even in New York anymore. The thrift stores were really terrible compared to the ones I'm used to, but I was pretty much expecting that too. There are a lot more out there that we didn't make it to, so maybe next time I'll find a better one. Maybe farther east? I did get some new stuff for the store! Not a ton, but some cute sweaters and fallish stuff. We also stopped by the Ikea out there and they had the chairs I've wanted for so long!



The Brooklyn Ikea is always out of them but there were a million at this one...I was really happy, and now we have dining chairs so we can actually use our table and not eat on our laps! How civilized of us.

0 comments: