I made a dress!



Yes, the title says it all. I made my very first dress, from a 60s pattern I got on ebay. I didn't want to use nice fabric since it was my first one, so I used this weird blue and black mini houndstooth stuff I have a million yards of that should probably really be like...suit jacket material or something. The dress should really be out of lighter weight cotton or something like that....next time!


Don't mind the open back...I don't have any buttons, so it's not totally finished.




Not only was it my first dress, it was my first time making sleeves, using interfacing, making ruffles, gathering, and only the second time making anything from a pattern. Not bad, huh? I really want to make this again in a better fabric and not mess up the things I messed up the first time...I'm bad at following directions sometimes, especially confusing patterns.

1 comments:

Bee said...

Adorable! This makes me want to start sewing again.