Lucy in the Sky

When I was in high school, I went through a huge Beatles phase. I mean...it was epic. I still know pretty much all the trivia about every song they wrote and way too many details about their personal lives. So I thought it was cool that our current assignment for illustration is to design a square illustration (basically a record cover) inspired by the lyrics of a Beatles song. I picked "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite". I didn't think I could do a song from Yellow Submarine without subconsciously being overly influenced by the art from the movie. But I have always been pretty obsessed with the "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" scene. I love rotoscoping and I love the crazy brushwork in it. I'm trying to incorporate some of the ideas from this scene into my piece...we'll see if it works out or not. Here are some stills from the movie! (Poor quality from Youtube because I can't find my DVD of it, ugh).













1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.