gocco prints!

We keep forgetting to print out my Illustrator file so I can print it on our gocco (we don't have any ink for our printer) so I just drew the outlines instead with the carbon pen, just to be able to print something, and I really like how it turned out! We printed some blank cards that were laying around with the initial color - the pearlescent purple (it has a really pretty shimmer). When the color started wearing away, we added the fluorescent magenta so it has a cool double-color effect. The design is based on the Camellia flower but I think it looks more like a Chrysanthemum - my birth month's flower! - and it turned out looking rather East Asian-ish. I think it would be really cool to expand on that and print it in gold ink on red paper so it looks like a brocade. It looks really good on black. Gocco printing is so easy and fun...it almost makes me want to learn how to screen print for real!


I really love how it looks on newsprint, although I guess nobody would want to buy a print on newsprint, would they (?).


I like the idea of it in a pattern of some kind, too