Next best thing

Well, since I can't show you what I'm working on at work (confidentiality, how important), I can show you where I'm working! It's not much to look at, I'm just happy I actually got out my normal camera for once. The rest of the roll was the project and the pictures turned out so well! I can't wait until I can actually post them (April 5th!).







Have I talked about how much I love my wide-angle lens yet? Because I do. It was my grandpa's (as was the camera, a Nikon F3 - expensive for the time and still $400-500 for the body! The lens is $600...there's no way I would ever be able to afford that!) and I got it last summer from my dad. I'm so lucky to have had two artistic grandparents! I got two cameras from my grandpa and a crazy lithography press from my grandma (in storage) along with tons of artwork and (I like to think) a creative sensibility.

I'm always sad that I didn't get to know them as an adult...as a kid, I kind of wanted the typical grandparents that baked cookies for me or took me to the zoo. They always talked about their art friends and painting retreats and golfing and crazy things they did in the '50s, which was totally uninteresting to me at 8 or 10 but which I would love to hear about now. I'm so glad that my dad saved as many of their things as possible...they had so much cool stuff that I would love to put in my future house someday! Nobody else has room for it, anyway, so I am more than willing to take it all out of storage!

0 comments: