springg

I am so excited for spring! Today was 60F and it made me think about how awesome it's going to be in a month (it will be April!). This is the time of year when, instead of bundling up and kind of enjoying it, I get really annoyed that I have to wear so many layers and half of the time I wear inappropriate clothes that make me cold all day, just because I'm wishing it were that warm. Like how I always wear fall clothes that make me sweaty in the last days of summer. I should take this time to wear the things I won't be able to wear pretty soon, but I'm too excited for warm weather...plus, I'll be able to wear tights and hats for a while still. I just bought some spring/summer clothes on eBay and in H&M so I'm in the ~spring fashion~ mood right now. Here is what I want to wear this spring/summer --

1. My new ebay buys
2. My high waisted linen shorts! I wore these practically every day last summer, they're the most flattering thing ever. If I had a good tailor, I'd go get a copy made in denim.
3. Cute sandals (like these that I got a few weeks ago). Mine from last year (these from irregular choice) are totally falling apart.
4. Floral prints! I have always, always hated floral prints. I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden I'm in love with them. Not because they're "trendy" (what year are florals not trendy for spring...?) but maybe because I'm working with flowers so much on a daily basis. Who knows! Here are some of my favorites:




I refuse to buy into the gross 90s revival happening with the horrible school teacher dress prints and faded colors. I think I will forever be mostly in love with the 60s, but I can handle some 70s and 80s influences.

5.
That sweater (thrifted) with cutoffs and suede sandals!
6. Uniqlo colored jeans! I have to meet my goal of losing 15 pounds first, but then I am going to treat myself to one of these colors (no fluorescents/crazy bold colors for me, thank you)
- or -
7. Summer dresses! I hardly wore these last year -

and I want to get more! Most of my dresses are "fancy" or too warm to wear when it gets super hot here.
8. The color lilac...I've become obsessed with it lately! On a related note, these two nail polishes I bought a while ago from ebay -

9. Sunscreen!
10. New sunglasses...I'm on a mission to find a cool pair. I will probably just hit up St. Mark's or Forever 21 because I can't justify more than $15 on a pair.
11. Super light wash cut-offs. I only have dark denim shorts, I am going to be skinnier (see #6), and I refuse to try to fight the oppressively hot weather by wearing pants and sweating to death.

PS. Soon, my backyard and the park will look like this again:


I can't wait!

0 comments: