Seersucker blouse

Today, I sewed my first ever successful thing from a pattern! It's a cute little blouse from a pattern I got on ebay - someone had written 1962 on it by hand!


Like I said, my camera is on its way out...





It's so cute! You might not be able to tell, but the shirt is split down the middle front and the stripes are going perpendicular. I actually made two of them and the other one is with two different fabrics (how it was shown on the pattern). I added the collar on this one but not on the other one...I still have to hem the bottom and sleeves on the other so I'll post it another day. After having to rip out a not-small amount of seams, it came out pretty well. I mean, not perfectly, but hey...first thing ever! I even pressed the seams and did everything properly. Sewing is a lot of fun...I just wish I weren't so intimidated by the fabric stores here in the so-called "fashion capital of the world".

0 comments: