when i grow up...

I'll have an old house (on a lake if possible) that has a name, like in Gone With the Wind, for escaping wherever I normally live,
I'll have a black pug named Dot, short for Dorothy (I'm sure my grandma would love to know she was the namesake of a grunting, squirming dog, right?),
I might have to get a third cat named Pancake, regardless of gender,
I'll have a small garden like on The City Gardener,
I'll wallpaper all the walls in my house,
I can shop at antique and thrift stores all I want and never set foot in Ikea again,
I'll have a pied-à-terre in New York (did I mention I plan on winning the lottery?),
I will have really nice cookware, like Le Creuset, or maybe a certain other cast iron cookware company that bears my last name?,
I will have a really detailed family tree hanging in my wallpapered house,
My mom can knit and sew my (possible) future children all of their clothes,
I can work from home if I want to,
I'll be really good at ironing,
and
I'll go buy Aunt Jennie if my sister has kids (but really just Jennie because I'm not down with weird titles like that)

2 comments:

bthny said...

if you had posted this on tumblr I'd "like" it!

little j said...

Blogspot should really get on that feature...